Microsoft Teams new calling and meeting experience
Launching by end of June 2020, new Teams features enabling users to view meetings and calls in separate windows, as well as a few additional call settings! What you need to know to get ready for this change.
New features have been added to Teams!
We were so excited to learn of the new Teams features enabling users to view meetings and calls in separate windows, as well as a few additional call settings!
How does this affect me?
Once available, users will be able to view meetings and calls in separate windows from the main Microsoft Teams client. Additionally, meeting and call controls such as mute, video, chat, leave and others will now be located at the top of the meeting window so that they are always available and never block the underlying content. This new experience will also include recently announced features such as 3x3 video, raise hands, and custom backgrounds.
New meeting/calls control location:
Steps for Users to turn on the new experience:
1. Click your username to open the Teams menu and select Settings.
2. Check the Turn on new calling and meetings experiences check box and then restart the Teams client.
Expected timeframe of launch
● June – New experiences are available, and users can enable through settings.
● July – Experiences are enabled by default and users can disable through settings.
● August – Experiences are enabled by default and user controls are no longer available.
● Meeting notes will launch to the main Teams client
● Support for full screen content viewing will be coming
● Support for Invision Freehand Whiteboard will be coming
What you need to do to prepare
Update any corresponding training documents you might have, make sure you and your peers are educated.